Raw foods diets are becoming increasingly popular, with many entertainers, athletes and nutritionists endorsing them and speaking of their benefits. But what are some of these benefits, and what is involved in switching over to a raw foods diet? Here are some of the top benefits that many experience within weeks of starting an organically based raw foods diet:
- An increase in energy level. This is perhaps the most dramatic change for many starting on a raw foods diet. In fact, you may not even realize how high your energy level can be until you have tried this diet.
- Loss of unwanted pounds. Although few go onto a raw foods diet with the main purpose being to lose weight, for many this is a wonderful additional benefit for many. In fact, it is very hard to gain weight while on a raw foods diet, so for those who are underweight, care should be taken while on this diet.
- Improvement in health and physical appearance and function. One of the most dramatic changes many see is a change in complexion, eyes, and an increased immunity to illnesses such as colds and infections such as bladder and yeast infections. Others also see benefits in terms of digestive function, and find it helps better regulate bowel movements and decreases signs of indigestion.
- Detoxification of the body. When you are eating an organic, raw and primarily vegan diet, you will be eliminating many of the pesticides, hormones and other chemicals commonly found in our foods. For this reason, many refer to a raw foods diet as a raw foods “detox” diet. However, a raw foods diet is not the best way to detoxify from alcohol or drugs. Unlike detox dieting which can be done at home, detoxing from alcohol should be done under the supervision of professionals at alcohol detox centers.
- An improvement in your mental and emotional condition. Some claim that a raw foods diet can help combat signs of depression, while others notice an improvement in their ability to concentrate and their memory.
Given these five important benefits, it is no surprise how many people are interested in starting a raw foods diet. Unfortunately, however, many will find the transition to a raw foods diet to be very difficult. In part this is because they must learn many new methods for preparing foods, some which can be quite difficult and time consuming. Others may miss the comfort foods they grew up with. Those who are most likely to be successful are those who have prepared themselves adequately with the information and resources they need to make the transition successfully.
If you are interested in learning more about raw foods diet and how to make the transition to this diet easily and successfully, then you should certainly take a look at Yuri Elkaim’s Eating for Energy. This excellent ebook contains all the information you need to know to successfully transition to a raw foods diet, including several meal plans and easy to prepare raw foods recipes.