Kids often enjoy these as well as adults. You can easily adjust the spice level by using less or more jalapeno pepper. Great as an appetizer as well.
- 6 to 8 large romaine lettuce leaves, separated carefully
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tomatoes, diced finely
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (more or less), diced well
- 2 Tablespoons of yellow onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced well
- Kernels from one ear of corn (preferably organic)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
Mash the ripe avocado well in a medium sized bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the romaine lettuce leaves, and stir well.
Take one of the lettuce leaves and spread two to three tablespoons of the mixture onto it, and then roll up similar to a burrito.
Once you’ve got the basic technique down, you should try experimenting with other fillings as well. Lettuce rolls are quite easy to make and enjoyed by many!
Here is a complete list of my favorite raw food diet recipes.